Thursday, February 16, 2012

Stand Up For The Country by Dawson Tang

Chung Hsuan Tang is what people call me back home
Dawson Tang is the name at Gould
Call me D-Tang if you could.
I was born with a mind of democracy
people are given the freedom of rights and the joy of life.

My neighbor Porcelain loves to wear red
He is bigger than me, taller than me
He lives across the road from where I am.
In an old house, an old community that is undeveloped.
Tons of people living there, like the nest of ants.
Their minds are closed
they have not seen the world.
All they want is to expand more.

They get richer as time went on,
Porcelain remains his wide and height
Yet, people in the community is still cover with old minds.
The idea of communists is spread everywhere in the community.
No freedom of rights
Porcelain is the future lights.

He comes to me with his red cloth
“Would you like to move in with us”
I hesitated, yet I have a answer already.
No is what showed up in my mind.
He pushed me more
It felt like standing on a cliff
The only way is to fight back

Yes, I fight back
Not just for myself, but for my home
This is me, this is Dawson
I stand up strong and remain strong.
No one can take my home away
Not even the big neighbor across the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment